Thank goodness I made a delicious bowl of soup as a backup for tonight as my original plan didn’t work out so well. It’s not to say that the first project failed, but I didn’t really find the results that impressive so I decided to scrap it until I can figure out how to do it right. As a result, I now present to you my dinner (and lunch for the next day), Butternut Squash Soup!
I don’t tend to use recipes for soup and I don’t think I’ve ever had a BAD soup because of it so here is my rough ramblings of what I did:
1 butternut squash, cubed
2 garlic cloves
1. In soup pot saute onions and garlic in olive oil until nice and caramlized and tasty.
2. Add in butternut squash and carrots and let them party with the onion/garlic for a minute.
3. Add in water or veggie stock until just covering the vegetables, bring to a boil.
4. Cook until the squash and carrots are tender. Transfer to blender or use hand blender to whip that soup into (non)shape.
5. Season with salt and pepper (trust me, you don’t need anything more than that)
6. Slurp away!