Few things remind me of the holidays as much as this snack. My mom makes a huge (and I mean HUGE) batch or two every christmas and it’s a staple around my parents house during the holidays. I’ve had different varieties and even tried making it once before but never managed to capture that same “just like mom makes” taste. Well, in the spirit of my project I managed to copy the recipe out of my mom’s handwritten collection and made a rather large batch myself. And the verdict is……pretty much identical!
In the spirit of giving, I’ll pass along the recipe but only make it if you plan on sharing 🙂
– Cereal (I used Cheerios, Shreddies, Oatmeal Squares, and Crispix)
– Pretzels (I used mini-alphabet ones)
– Nuts (peanuts and almonds in mine)
– Crackers (I added some goldfish type crackers)
– Extras ( my mom adds Wasabi Peas and other stuff to hers just to mix it up, you can experiment with all sorts of ingredients!)
2 cups oil (Canola)
3 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
2-3 tsp garlic powder
2-3 tsp seasoning salt
a few dashes of cayenne powder
Mix all the dry goods in a large bowl. Then mix the other ingredients in a seperate bowl and pour over the mix. Bake in an oven at 250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours, stirring every half an hour.
Eat. A lot.