Day 170: Curried Cauliflower
I don’t know about you, but I’m the type of grocery shopper that picks up random things and then forgets about them once they reside in the fridge. Thus was the case of the cauliflower that I had to use up and had no idea what to do with. After a quick search, I found this recipe and the rest is tasty tasty history! This is one recipe that makes a lot but really tastes better the next day!
*the photo isn’t mine, we ate ours too quickly!*
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 (19 once) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 cup water
1/2 pound green beans (trimmed and sliced into 1 inch long pieces)
salt to taste
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onion and curry powder and cook until the onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, chili sauce, cauliflower, chickpeas and water and and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the green beans and cook until they are just tender and still crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Serve on brown rice and garnish with cilantro.
I used a small piece of speedball rubber and it turned out pretty good although I couldn’t find my carving tool so I used a cutting tool which made my lines not perfect but I still like how it turned out.